Campus News

Dr. Oh Naming Ceremony at College of Engineering and Applied Sciences of Stony Brook

Name
SUNY Korea Press
Date
2017-06-09 01:56
View

On April 29, a naming ceremony was held by the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences(CEAS) of Stony Brook at Lombardi's on the Sound located in Port Jefferson. Dr. Myung Oh (honorary president of SUNY Korea) was listed as the first individual of the CEAS hall of fame.
Dr. Oh is the founder and honorary president of SUNY Korea. In 1972, he received his master's and Ph.D. in electrical engineering from Stony Brook University. In 1989, he was also appointed as "University Professor" by Stony Brook in recognition of his success in the 1988 Seoul Olympics information and communication systems.
Dr. Oh commented, "I am absolutely thrilled to be the first named in the Hall of Fame, and I will continue to do my best as a proud alumnus of Stony Brook." He continued, "Everything I learned while studying at Stony Brook was actually useful out in the field. I feel like I was able to stand in this position thanks to the school, which I appreciate very much."
On the other hand, Dr. Oh, as the honorary president of SUNY Korea, the first American university in Korea is planning to continue his efforts for the school. SUNY Korea, which opened its gates in 2012, opened with Stony Brook and is planning to open FIT, a prestigious fashion school, in September.